Recipes From Our Budding Chefs
Not only do our chef volunteers teach students lots about food, our students also teach their chefs a thing or two about delicious dishes. In lesson three, students in the Classroom Gardening and Cooking Program, brought in their favourite vegetable along with a recipe.
Check out some of these scrumptious recipes below:
Kale Chips by Holly
(Participating Growing Chefs! Kelowna Student of A.S. Matheson Elementary School)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Wash kale leaves and dry with a towel
- Remove rib from the kale and discard the ribs
- Rip or cut kale into pieces about 5 to 10 cm across
- Toss kale pieces in large bowl with a few tablespoons of oil, a little salt and a splash of lemon juice
- Use your hands to rub it in, making sure to coat all the kale pieces
- Arrange kale in a single layer on cookie sheets and bake at 350 degrees until they are crispy (about 12 to 15 minutes)
Avocado Salad From Ms. Tong’s Grade 2/3 Class
What’s your favourite veggie dish? Let us know!