Deadline for Culinary Scholarships Fast Approaching!
Les Dames d’Escoffier B.C. Chapter is offering a rich array of culinary scholarships in 2012, and the deadline to apply is coming up soon! These scholarships are open to B.C. women of all ages who are pursuing careers in food, wine, hospitality, nutrition, food technology, or other related areas.
Some of the available scholarships include:
- two general $1,000 scholarships at the Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts (PICA) on Granville Island
- $500 for a foundation class, $900 for an intermediate class, and $1,500 for an advanced class through the PICA Wine and Spirits Education Trust (WSET)
- two $1,000 scholarships at the Northwest Culinary Academy of Vancouver
- two $1,000 Mission Hill Family Estate Wine Education Scholarships
- $2,000 scholarship through Pedersen’s Rentals
- Les Dames B.C. Chapter also raises funds to offer one wine, one food and one open-designation scholarship.
Deadline for completed applications, including transcripts, letters of reference, and application fee is February 29, 2012. Application forms and detailed instructions are available at www.lesdames.ca
Les Dames d’Escoffier is an international association of professional women devoted to promoting the understanding, appreciation and knowledge of food, wine and the arts of the table.