Become a Classroom Volunteer!
Registration is now open for classroom volunteers for the Growing Chefs! spring 2012 program. New and returning volunteers are invited to sign up on the Growing Chefs! website. Join other chefs and volunteers to teach kids how to grow and cook their own food!
About the Classroom Program
- Volunteer chefs and community members are put into teams of three.
- You and your team are paired with an elementary school classroom.
- You visit your class every two weeks over the course of three and a half months, for a total of seven visits.
- The program runs Monday to Friday mornings. Your team will be scheduled to visit the classroom on the same day and time every two weeks.
- As you mentor the students and help them to grow their own indoor vegetable gardens, you lead the class through a series of lessons.
- The lessons are clearly laid out and outlined in the Growing Chefs! Classroom Guide that you receive at your Orientation Session.
When does the program start?
- Orientation will be held the week of February 26, 2012 (specific date TBA)
- The program starts the week of March 26, 2012 and lasts until the end of June.
You can sign up now using our online registration forms.